You’ve heard it right: here’s the legendary recipe for my well- known matcha, white chocolate chip cookies. Enjoy!
- 230 gr butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- Matcha powder, about 1 spoon- depends how you like it
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter + brown sugar + white sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the eggs + vanilla
- Mix in flour, baking soda + salt.
- Add the matcha bit by bit, according to color: your cookies will have a stronger matcha taste as the dough gets greener. If your dough is light green, then your cookies will only get a ‘hint’ of matcha, but if it’s bright green then the matcha will be more dominant. I like mine super strong!!
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- On a baking sheet, scoop the dough (I use an ice cream scooper). Leave them as they are , don’t press on them, this way they get more chewy
- Cook in the oven at 200 degrees for about 9-11 minutes, or until the edges are slightly brown. Let them cool for a bit, & enjoy!!