Two weeks ago, my friends and I decided to bring up our mood by having a huge breakfast party at my house. The best part was: my boyfriends pancakes. I truly never had more perfect, sweet-but-not-too-sweet, golden pancakes in my entire life. I got you the recipe here: thank me later.
What you need:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar, optional
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 2 tablespoons / 30g melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix together eggs and milk. In the microwave, melt the butter, then add it to the mixture (If possible – let it cool first).
- In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar, then slowly add in to the wet mixture. Add the vanilla and mix it all together until there ae no lumps.
- Warm up a pan on medium/high heat (not too high!! pancakes will burn). Place about two tablespoons of the batter and wait for about 2 minutes, until bubbles arise and the pancake is golden, then flip to the other side for another 2 minutes.
- I recommend using a non-stick pan, this way they turn out golden and are easy to flip.
For extra greatness:
- Option 1 – Take bacon stripes and cook them on high heat, untill crispy. place them on the pancakes with a drizzle of maple syrup… May sound weird but its A++++
- Option 2 – sift some powdered sugar, place berries or any other fruit on top, then add maple syrup
- Option 3 – Add about 1.5 teaspoons high quality matcha powder! Matcha pancakes are amazing